Financial Accountant, US Operations
Financial Accountant, US Operations
Corporate - Texas
BURNCO is a 105 year old, fourth generation aggregate construction materials business with over seventy locations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Colorado and Texas. A family business based in Calgary, BURNCO produces high quality aggregates, paving asphalt and ready mix concrete and also operates a network of retail landscape centres.
BURNCO is currently looking for a Financial Accountant to support our US based businesses. This role will be based at our Irving, Texas location. This is a full time position that reports directly to the Manager of Financial Accounting.
- Overall responsibility for the accounting of the US entities including month end close
- Responsible for the filing of state and county sales tax returns
- Review of accounting performed by other members of the accounting team
- Compile financial accounting records in order to prepare internal monthly management reports and analyses, including KPIs
- Works with the business to provide information to assist the Manager of Financial Accounting in the development and implementation of financial accounting systems and processes to ensure delivery of accurate information for financial statements, management reporting and other financial analysis to support management decisions.
- Provide financial information to the Manager of Financial Accounting for preparation of external financial reporting on a quarterly basis
- Manages changes in business unit and/or consolidated accounting and reporting processes resulting from various business initiatives such as acquisitions, divestitures, expansion of existing operations and divisional/corporate reorganizations.
- Assists with developing, through consultation with functional team and end users, the process and reporting control environment necessary to ensure the integrity of the financial reporting emanating from the JDE financials system.
- Identifies technological and functional opportunities to leverage the financial system capabilities in support of the company’s operating and financial reporting requirements.
- Collaborates with payroll to meet the statutory requirements for reporting
- Ad hoc financial analysis as required by management team
- Performs other related duties as required.
Recognized professional designation (ie. CPA, CA ,CGA, or CMA), combined with a post-secondary education, with a preference for a business or finance degree; minimum of three(3) years of progressively responsible experience in accounting and reporting in a complex automated data processing environment, as well as preparation of financial reports and analyses for senior management; familiarity with JD Edwards is preferred; innovative problem solving skills; superior personal computer skills; proven oral, written and listening communication skills; an understanding of the principles of internal controls a fundamental requirement of financial system development; ability to thrive in an independent, results oriented work environment. Experience working in the construction industry is an asset. Successful candidate must be able and willing to travel within Canada and the US.
Please submit a resume quoting competition #BU17-0103 to:
BURNCO Rock Products Ltd
Fax: (403) 440-3454
BURNCO, its representatives, subsidiaries and affiliated companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as "BURNCO") is an Equal Opportunity employer Guided by our values of excellence integrity, and passion, our goal is to achieve a workforce as diverse as the people we serve.
Various Federal, State and Local laws prohibit discrimination based on Race, Color, Sex, Religion, National Origin, Ancestry, Age (as prescribed by law), Handicap, Disability, Veteran Status, or Marital Status.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Placement Agencies please.