Corporate – Calgary, AB
BURNCO is a 105 year old, fourth generation aggregate construction materials business with over seventy locations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Colorado and Texas. A family business based in Calgary, BURNCO produces high quality aggregates, paving asphalt and ready mix concrete and also operates a network of retail landscape centres.
BURNCO is currently looking for a Financial Accountant in Calgary, AB for our Corporate Head Office. This is a full time position that reports directly to the Manager of Accounting.
- Weekly bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts
- Accounting for prepaid expenses
- Accounting for intangible assets and associated amortization
- Overall responsibility for accounting of fixed assets including but not limited to:
Recording fixed asset acquisitions and dispositions in JD Edwards
Calculating monthly depreciation, cost of capital and insurance surcharges
Monthly reconciliation for fixed assets sub ledger to the asset master
Tracking capital assets spending against budgeted capital expenditures
Conduct periodic physical counts of fixed assets
- Assistance with preparation of financial statement notes
- Completion of Stats Canada requests for information
- Ad hoc financial analysis as required by management team
- A bachelor’s degree in business or accounting (or related) is required
- 1-2 years of accounting experience in an office environment is essential
- Familiarity with JD Edwards and Microsoft Excel is compulsory
- Working towards or completion of a CPA designation would be considered an asset
- Construction industry experience would be advantageous
The ideal candidate will have great attention to detail and strong organizational skills; be flexible and able to manage multiple priorities; possess excellent written and verbal communication abilities; and be able to work well independently and as a part of a team.
Please submit a resume quoting competition #BU17-0097 to:
BURNCO, its representatives, subsidiaries and affiliated companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as "BURNCO") is an Equal Opportunity employer. Guided by our values of excellence integrity, and passion, our goal is to achieve a workforce as diverse as the people we serve. We encourage aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, women, visible minorities and others to join our team.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Placement Agencies please.