Quality Assurance Engineer
There is an opening for the position of Quality Assurance Engineer. This is a full-time position within the Ready Mix Division.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Supervision of the Ready Mix Quality Assurance Team
- Review and analysis of all raw materials and product development
- Preparation and testing of new mix designs as required
- Assisting technical sales team with preparation of stamped mix submittals as needed
- Communication of testing results to required personnel
- Working with external clients to handle any quality assurance concerns / issues
- Writing letters and recommendations to answer questions relating to quality assurance
- Troubleshooting and making recommendations to maintain high quality ready mix product
- Keeping up to date on new technical developments
- Other duties as assigned by the Corporate Quality Assurance Manager.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years related experience, with at least 2 years Supervisory experience in a directly related capacity
- P.Eng. or P.L.(Eng.) designation and registration with APEGA is required
- Strong working knowledge of standards related to concrete testing and analysis of raw materials – CSA, ASTM, ACI, CCIL
- Familiarity with City of Calgary and Alberta Transportation concrete specifications
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a CCIL certified concrete laboratory
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere
- Be highly motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work effectively under stressful situations
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
Please submit your resume quoting competition #BU17-0062 to:
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Placement Agencies please.