Records Management Specialist
Records Management Specialist
Corporate – Calgary, AB
BURNCO is a 105 years old, fourth generation aggregate construction materials business with over sixty locations in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Colorado and Texas. A family business based in Calgary, BURNCO produces high quality aggregates, paving asphalt and ready mix concrete and also operates a network of retail landscape centres.
BURNCO is currently looking for a Records Management Specialist in Calgary, AB for our Corporate Head Office.
This new position will be responsible for the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the parent corporation’s electronic records management solution – Share Point. This will include design and organization of file structure and naming conventions across multiple business units, records classification and retention schedules and overseeing the day-to-day activities of records retention and compliance. The incumbent will ensure the security of sensitive records, legal documents and privacy-related physical and electronic records. This position provides the overall management of operations for the Company’s Records Management Programs. Responsible to ensure effective performance and functionality are aligned with corporate requirements and compliance with industry best practices and standards.
· Act as project lead on document and records management initiatives – work with internal departments and vendors to outline project scope, equipment and software analysis, planning and post-implementation
· Implement, maintain and oversee Programs for Records Management Governance and Records Assessment Program including file structure and naming conventions
· Responsible for establishing policies, standards, guidelines and procedures for records management ensuring compliance with current and applicable legal, regulatory and operational requirements
· Ensure the responsibility and management of electronic storage for efficiencies
· Create, review and ensure the proper maintenance of the Company’s records classification and retention schedules, and works with appropriate stakeholders and external consultants on major updates and incremental changes
· Ensure the destruction of records is carried out in accordance with Records Management practices, internal procedures, industry regulations and federal and provincial/state laws
· Provide research, factual information, counsel and guidance on regulatory requirements for records management
· Responsible for establishing policies, standards, guidelines and procedures for records management and mail services ensuring compliance with current and applicable legal, regulatory and operational requirements
The ideal candidate will hold a bachelor’s degree in business or administration and or Certified Records Manager (CRM) designation, minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in records management and ideally knowledge of SharePoint. The successful candidate will also possess excellent communication, analytical, presentation, customer service and organizational skills; be flexible and able to manage multiple projects; be a self-starter with the ability to work effectively with all levels of employees within the organization; be able to assess risk and exercise sound judgement in making decisions; be able to manage a project with multiple stakeholders; and be computer competent in work processing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
Please submit a resume quoting competition #BU17-0096 to:
BURNCO, its representatives, subsidiaries and affiliated companies (hereinafter collectively referred to as "BURNCO") is an Equal Opportunity employer. Guided by our values of excellence integrity, and passion, our goal is to achieve a workforce as diverse as the people we serve. We encourage aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, women, visible minorities and others to join our team.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Placement Agencies please.