Senior Executive Assistant
Senior Executive Assistant
Tricycle Lane Corporation (TLC) seeks a Senior Executive Assistant (EA) based in our Head Office located in Calgary, Alberta (not downtown but immediately SE of Glenmore and Deerfoot Trails—public transit is minimal). Reporting directly to the family, the EA is responsible to oversee the daily administrative needs of the leaders of this parent organization. TLC’s primary subsidiaries include BURNCO Rock Products Ltd, a 105-year-old construction materials business and Tricycle Lane Ranches Ltd. a 13-year-old Property Management and Land Acquisition business. TLC primarily works to oversee the governance and funding of its subsidiaries to ensure their continued success and growth and its portfolio of business operations are located in Alberta, British Columbia, Saskatchewan and the States of Colorado and Texas in the United States of America.
The role of the EA requires a detail oriented, organized and independent working person who will thrive in a fast-paced environment while managing confidential information. The EA must be able to anticipate business needs, demonstrate resourcefulness and critical thinking. The EA will have a developed business acumen so as to foresee internal and external needs (e.g. Independently anticipate the next step in a process, prompt the team, be resourceful and one step ahead). Working collaboratively, the EA will leverage appropriate Company resources to manage, own and minimize the administrative tasks for the team. We offer continuing education, competitive salary and benefits.
Working as an integral part of the TLC team, this individual must have a positive attitude, top notch ethics and a collaborative approach when working with colleagues and its subsidiary companies. In addition, as our Company continues to grow nationally and internationally, the ideal individual needs to have the flexibility and adaptability to thrive with change.
The role and key responsibilities:
- Assisting multiple team members in a professional, fast paced and deadline driven environment, proactively co-ordinate administrative requirements through the application of strong organizational skills, including anticipating the team members needs and makes decisions to contribute to an organized work environment
- Prepare travel itineraries as needed, ensuring the owner has all information required for travel
- Manage documentation requiring signature, knowing what is priority
- Consolidates information and compiles reports through the application of well-developed skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Other responsibilities include format contracts/agreements, minute taking, expense receipt preparation and reconciliation, Booking of meeting rooms electronically among other administrative tasks
- Manage multiple calendars (currently on Outlook transitioning to SharePoint)
- Doing and ensuring all file organization/management both paper and electronic (SharePoint) is up to date on a regular basis
- Diarizing of files – bring forward system as well as providing appropriate reminders
- Preparation of board meeting materials and expense report preparation
- Exceptional commitment to service and continuous improvement
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision and direction if necessary and without gossip
- Ability to deal with highly confidential information; diplomacy, conciliation and discretion are all vital in this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Confident communications and active listening skills are critical
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to build effective relationships and work collaboratively in a team environment
- Assistance with vacation coverage with other administrative team members
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior or executive administrative support role and ideally a corresponding Administrative Assistant diploma
- Advanced level knowledge of common industry software such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat (Standard or Professional) SPIN2, as well as Google Earth
- Impeccable proofreading and grammar skills
- Ability to work within tight timelines to meet deadlines, reassessing priorities as needed
- In-depth understanding of business terminology
- Experience reconciling receipts and credit card statements
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish verbally and written an asset but not necessary
Please send your resume to the following; kindly include competition #BU17-0100
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
No Placement Agencies please.