Excellence. Integrity. Passion.
Since 1912, BURNCO has been supplying aggregate construction materials as a successful, family-run business based in Calgary. Over the last 106 years we have embraced innovative technology and new marketplaces while always maintaining the vision and values that were first introduced by our founder, James F. Burns. Today we continue our unwavering commitment to safety, our renewed focus on family leadership and our steady, dependable growth into the future. We look forward to having you join us on that journey.
The ideal candidate will have a valid Commercial Drivers’ License, as well as a clean driving abstract and Ready-Mix experience or 2 years with a Commercial Drivers’ License. We are willing to train those who hold a CDL but do not meet the requested minimum experience criteria. You are energetic, highly motivated and possess strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills. Successful candidate will be responsible for driving a ready-mix truck in a safe and timely manner to deliver a perishable product.
- Operation of a Ready-Mix Truck
- Routine maintenance of equipment, including minor mechanical and cleanliness of unit.
- Contributing to keeping locations in and around the plant clean and hazardous free.
- Learn our company’s safety protocol in order to execute work safely at all times.
- Stays in compliance with DOT and company requirements
Qualifications and experience:
- A willingness to become part of a team that strives to provide our customers the best materials
- Class A or B CDL (Equipment has air brakes)
- Clean MVR
- Must be able to adapt to a flexible schedule
- Will be required to complete a pre-employment drug screen & physical
- High school diploma is desired but not required.
Safety is a core value of BURNCO. In addition to competitive pay and a full benefits package (medical, dental, vision, 401k) we offer an annual bonus incentive.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive pay starting at $20.00/hour with potential for increases; experienced drives may start at a higher wage.
- Comprehensive benefits starting 60 days after employment (medical, dental, vision, life, 401k company matching).
- Other benefits include holiday pay with no waiting period and employee assistance programs.
- Paid biweekly on Friday’s.
- CDL training can be provided for driver’s just starting out.
- We’ll also provide a voucher for safety boots when needed!
Interested candidates should apply at: https://www.bestwaydriverapp.com/driverapp/login.aspx